The Liberator™ portfolio of products has been designed to help solve the telecom operator’s uncomfortable conundrum: how to switch off legacy network infrastructures without having to lose revenue.
Legacy networks present a challenge for carriers:
- Spares are extremely hard to procure
- Few employees understand the technology
- Legacy equipment is fragile and failure rates are increasing
- Legacy equipment require 10x more floor space and 10x more power than Ethernet.
One solution is to simply switch-off the legacy network and force customers to upgrade however, there are 3 key of risks associated with this approach:
- Losing a substantial revenue from legacy services
- Losing customers as they feel let-down and look to the competition
- Damage to your brand due to resentment of being forced to change
Installing the Liberator CPE enables customers to continue to run their legacy applications seamlessly over an Ethernet Network. In addition, modern applications can be supported by the same CPE since it is also a CE2.0 compliant NID. Therefore the customer can control when to move away from legacy services.
Liberator enables the carrier to:
- Accelerate the legacy network switch-off
- Improve reliability of customer’s legacy applications
- Simplify service delivery
- Protect the margin-rich revenue form legacy applications
- Improve brand loyalty
- Reduce Opex